*PLEASE NOTE – The 93 Bus will not run during the day of this work.
Additional documents attached.
C01-157-13-D001-O Location Plan
C01-157-13-D002-O TTRO Application plan
C01-157 – C92 Closure Notice
The C92 will be closed for 1 day on 7th April 2014 for investigation work. See attached notice.
C92 (Part) Hankerton – Notice 2
Following this work it will be closed again at a later date (to be confirmed) for approximately 6 weeks.
The West Wiltshire Industrial Archaeological Society invited the Hankerton History group to join them in their activities. Whilst it is quite a long way to go this particular talk by Mr Knee himself it was of course of great general interest there being a branch of the company in Malmesbury. Claudine and David attended the meeting and represented us. We are invited to future meetings and details will be circulated.
Notes from the meeting : H J Knee talk 12 feb 14.
The Hankerton History group are invited to join The Friends of the Athelstan Museum on a visit to the Viking Exhibition on 14th April. The Friends are running a coach from Malmesbury Station carpark to leave at 7.30am on that day. Cost will be £45.00 to cover the coach, the reception at the museum, an hours talk on the Vikings by an expert and entry to the museum. Tickets are only available at the Athelstan Museum. For more info check http://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/exhibitions/vikings.aspx
If you are would like to go it would be a good idea to buy your tickets now as when I last checked they only had 20 left. I would be grateful if you could also let me know that you are going.
Here is the History Group’s programme of events for the year :-
HHG Events for 2014
A number of extra events have now been scheduled by the History Group.
• Wednesday 12th March – we have invited a speaker from outside, David Head, to talk about, ‘Windsor Castle and dealing with disasters.’ Windsor Castle Fire
• Wednesday 16th April – David And Sue Wood will give a presentation about , ‘ The Tugwell Memorial’ . Followed by refreshments and the AGM.
• Tuesday May 20th – A visit to The National Physical Laboratory open day in Teddington.
• Thursday May 22nd – A visit to Down Hatherley in Gloucestershire with Bill Welsh as a follow-up from his talk about the links with Hankerton through the Earle family. We will be looking at WW1 windows in the church and the manor where Margaret Earle was born. Please let Susan (577526) know if you would like to come and then transport can be organised. Leaving around 0930 / 1000 with sandwiches and expected back around 1600.
• Thursday June 19th – A visit to Brooklands. The historic circuit and museum.
• Date Unknown at present – A visit to The Mary Rose at Portsmouth Dockyard.
There are 3 properties in Hankerton applying for planning consent at the present time.
Priory Workshops (13/06390/VAR)
Elm Farm Cottage (13/069505/LBC)
Bishoper Farm (13/07039/FUL)
These can be viewed here on the Wiltshire Council web site.
We have 5 users on the new Cotswold Wireless broadband and after some initial teething problems we are seeing data speeds of between 15-20Mb. Cotswold Wireless have also updated their system to provide a dedicated aerial on the Braydon Water Tower to serve the village.
Speeds in the village using terrestrial copper broadband prior to the availability of the CW solution were between 0.8 and 2M, so the improvement is significant. Installation of equipment has taken around 2 hours per house.
The unanimous consensus of current users is very positive. I am sure others will add to the feedback as we see greater numbers adopting the new service.
For those who are interested in adopting the new system please visit their website to find out more. Select the service you are interested in and press ‘Learn More‘ and then ‘Order‘. This process puts you under no obligation. Cotswold Wireless will then contact you to undertake a survey and installation. Given the fact we now have the local repeater there should be coverage for the whole of the village and Cloatley Road.
If you have any questions feel free to call me on 07785 106035.