A number of extra events have now been scheduled by the History Group.
• Wednesday 12th March – we have invited a speaker from outside, David Head, to talk about, ‘Windsor Castle and dealing with disasters.’ Windsor Castle Fire
• Wednesday 16th April – David And Sue Wood will give a presentation about , ‘ The Tugwell Memorial’ . Followed by refreshments and the AGM.
• Tuesday May 20th – A visit to The National Physical Laboratory open day in Teddington.
• Thursday May 22nd – A visit to Down Hatherley in Gloucestershire with Bill Welsh as a follow-up from his talk about the links with Hankerton through the Earle family. We will be looking at WW1 windows in the church and the manor where Margaret Earle was born. Please let Susan (577526) know if you would like to come and then transport can be organised. Leaving around 0930 / 1000 with sandwiches and expected back around 1600.
• Thursday June 19th – A visit to Brooklands. The historic circuit and museum.
• Date Unknown at present – A visit to The Mary Rose at Portsmouth Dockyard.