PATIENTS’ PARTICIPATION GROUP
This group was formed to enable good communication between the Surgery and their patients.
It consists, currently, of fourteen members, who each represent their village, locality or special interest.. I represent Hankerton and we meet every two months with the Practice Manager, Dave Grogan. He updates us on any recent changes in the workings of the PCC, and any news on the personnel side of things. They are always keen to have patient feedback.
Issues can be brought to these meetings in confidence by any of the members, whether they be complaints or suggestions and can cover any aspect of the practice, from making appointments to controlling car parking. Please have a word with me if you would like to know more or have a question that you would like me to take.
Meanwhile, you may be aware that over the last few months Doctors Pickering, Charles and Couchman have left, but the practice is up to speed with new doctors working a variety of ‘shifts’, all settling in well. We are lucky to be able to recruit quite readily in this area. Patients who are over 75 should have received the name of the GP now responsible for them, but of course anyone can be seen by any GP.
Points of interest:
- Phone lines are open from 8a.m., in line with the time at which patients can book in person.
- Appointments can be made up to six weeks in advance, by telephone, in person or on line. This will be about 50% of appointments, the remainder being those bookable on the day.
- Prescriptions can also be renewed on line for collection 48 hours later.
- Lloyds Chemists offer a delivery service for those who are housebound.
- The website is malmesburypcc/nhs.uk but before you go online, you need to get a user name and password by going in person to reception with ID (passport, driving licence, student card).
Georgina Carter 575465