Markers Outside Homes

Markers Outside Homes

Following discussion at the November parish council meeting regarding the placement of solid markers on verges, Wiltshire council has advised the Parish Council that householders should ensure that they carry sufficient 3rd party personal liability insurance in case of injury to persons or property as a result of vehicles hitting any markers.  Furthermore, they advise that placing these markers on the verges is not allowed if on the council’s land (which it invariably is). A householder can apply for a free licence for plastic markers as long as third party insurance cover is in place. To apply for a licence email Failing which, Wiltshire council may request their removal, and if this is not done, charge the householder for their removal.

John Thorne

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.