It’s official ! Hankerton Bridge has reopened !
Over 40 people attended a brief ceremony with food and drink.
The engineer and contractors joined in the fun and the bridge was blessed by Revd Sarah Wyman.
The ceremony was hosted by the Chair of the Parish Council (Jill Kearsley) and following the official cutting of the ribbon by Mr & Mrs Nurden the first car over the bridge was a 1929 Wolseley 16/45 driven by Bunny Lees-Smith.
See the photos here.